JMJ Pregnancy Center provides services FREE of charge for women and other visitors to our resource centers. Although we are not a medical clinic, we can provide you with options to help you build a plan that is best for you. Below are many of the services and resources we offer. Please contact us or visit one of our locations for more information.
Family Planning Information & Resources
- It is FREE!
- It is 100% effective in prevention of pregnancy.
- It is 100% effective against transmission of STDs.
- It 100% safe because it avoids putting chemicals or foreign objects into a woman’s body.
- It empowers women to make healthy life choices and promotes control that can lead to achieving future goals.
For many of our visitors, however, they visit one of our centers because they are sexually active and may already be pregnant. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to call us or stop by one of our centers to be tested so that we can assist you in planning for your future.
There are many contraception options out on the market that consist of but are not limited to having implants, taking pills, shots, patches, drastic surgeries and more that claim to keep women from getting pregnant for those few hours a month. Not only are these options not 100% effective, they also can be extremely dangerous including bodily injury. Many forms of hormonal contraception have Class 1 Carcinogens, which means they cause cancer in addition to the other serious side effects that may even be listed in the fine print. For these reasons, JMJ Pregnancy Center does not encourage any of these options because it does not have the best interest of the woman in mind.
To learn more about contraception and alternatives that avoid these dangers, please contact us for an appointment or stop by one of our centers.
NFP methods focus on teaching women how to track their signs of fertility and monitor their overall women’s health including symptoms relating to irregular periods, PMS, PCOS, depression, thyroid conditions, mood swings, or a variety of other conditions. Using NFP methods, you can discover health conditions, such as a hormones imbalance, and can see a doctor about treating the cause, not the symptoms. Then, when families are ready to have children, NFP can also help promote conception too! We encourage this form of planning because it empowers women, not restrict or place them in harms way.
To find out more about NFP options, schedule an appointment to meet with one of our advisers.
What is a Chemical Abortion?
It usually involves a 2-step process with the procedure being unsuccessful approximately 5-10% of the time and the potential of requiring an additional surgical abortion procedure to terminate the pregnancy.
- The first step involved taking Mifepristone, (aka RU486). This drug blocks the nurturing effects of progesterone, the hormone your body needs to grow a healthy baby which leads to the death of the developing baby.
- The second step is taking Misoprostol. Taken orally about 24 to 48 hours after taking the Mifepristone, these tablets will cause contractions and expel the remains of the baby (i.e. inducing labor). This process may take a few hours to as long as a few days.
Reversing the Chemical Abortion
There is a completely safe and effective process out there to reverse the effects and help you maintain the pregnancy. We know this is scary, but we are here to support you.
If you have recently taken Mifepristone (Mifeprex or RU-486) and regret your decision, we can help you. Many women that take the first dose of this chemical abortion change their mind and want to undo the effects. The quicker you start the process, the more likely it will be to work.
Test for Pregnancy
- Missed Period
- Breast Changes
- Nausea (Morning Sickness)
Negative Tests while Pregnant
Qualify for Pregnancy Medicaid
- To confirm the pregnancy
- To determine approximately how far along into the pregnancy a mother is
- To see real-time images of your baby
- To replace ultrasounds that your OB provider will perform at 17-20 weeks to assess baby’s anatomy and well-being.
- To check for gender, fetal health, abnormalities, etc.
- Performed if you are experiencing any immediate medical problems (ex. pain, cramping, spotting, bleeding, etc.)